Sunday 16 January 2011

A taste of Spring/Summer 2011

So I'm finally back in Exeter after a long drive from Oxford in the middle of the night (don't ask) and I'm jubilant at the arrival of my magazine subscriptions which have resided on the doormat for a fortnight.

Looking at the runway reviews in print has resoundingly confirmed what I gauged from squinting at vogue.com's catwalk slideshows. Beautiful colours, mesmerising prints and a deep plunge into the sartorial fruit bowl (not to mention some seriously lustworthy dresses) all hark back to the seventies and make for a bright, bold season ahead. Below are some of my favourites (which may betray my inner minimalist!):

Prada's Stripes:



Chloe Pleats and Nudes:



Bright White at Calvin Klein:



Stella McCartney's Fruit Fiesta:



Derek Lam's Denim Minimalist:



Clashing Neons at Christopher Kane:



The continuation of Alexander McQueen's decadent heritage:



And... my ultimate favourite, Jil Sander:




No comments:

Post a Comment